Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipping dynamic navigation menus?

Hello,

I have installed Zoom search on our (Moodle) LMS and I am currently in the process of fine-tuning the search results. I've noticed that the navigation menu for our custom theme continually pops up in the search results under the item's description.

I was wondering if there was a way to skip the indexing of a dynamic navigation menu? I have tried to follow the tutorials on your website but it gives no explanation if the code to ZOOMSTOP and ZOOMRESTART is not available. Thanks in advance.

ZOOMSTOP and ZOOMRESTART tags are the suggested method to skip sections of a HTML page.
    If you have no way of modifying your HTML code then I don't think there is any solution.

For the navigation menu, you could probably change the Z-order of the objects on the page to fix the problem, but this again, would require the ability to change some HTML code.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      ZOOMSTOP and ZOOMRESTART tags are the suggested method to skip sections of a HTML page.
      If you have no way of modifying your HTML code then I don't think there is any solution.

For the navigation menu, you could probably change the Z-order of the objects on the page to fix the problem, but this again, would require the ability to change some HTML code.
      Thank you for the reply. It sounds like I am out of luck since the navigation menu is dynamically created on the page.

Comment

Working...
      X