Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error "The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 could not be located"

Hello there!

I have serious trouble getting the Zoom Search Engine work. What I try to do is to index the site that I have stored locally on my computer and then upload it in CGI form to a Linux64 server. When I start indexing I get the message "The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll", followed by "Critical error: Failed to communicate with core engine".

Personally I have the suspicion that this might be because I'm on a Windows NT 64 bit system, which sometimes causes issues. I don't know how else I could run the Zoom Search Engine Indexer. I had the ancient Zoom 3.1 before and it worked perfectly fine on my machine, but now that I want to upgrade to 7.1 things look troublesome.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
    Artimidor

Do you mean Windows XP 64-bit? There's no real identifiable operating system known as "NT 64-bit". NT is the underlying kernel that is adopted in all modern operating systems from XP onwards. And prior to XP there is no public 64-bit version of NT. This might be what is reported somewhere within the operating system but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the recognizable product name.

In any case it is almost undoubtedly ancient (e.g. ~13 years old) and around the time of XP.

As noted on our System Requirements page, V7.1 does not support Windows XP and Server 2003. Since Microsoft themselves has discontinued support for these operating systems.

If you absolutely need the software on those OSes, we make V7.0 available for download (here). They use the same license as V7.1 so purchasing an upgrade to V7.1 will work for V7.0.

--Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hello there!

You're right, I meant Windows XP 64-bit of course. And yes, with version 7.0 indexing runs properly on my machine and the files are generated.

Ran into another problem though. As my website is now hosted on a Linux64 server, I ordered the version for Linux. Guess that was the wrong choice, as I'd prefer to index the pages locally (as I've done with the version of the Zoom Search Engine Indexer I had installed before) and then upload them into a CGI folder on the server. To do that properly I guess I need the license key for the Windows version of the Zoom Search Engine Indexer - the Linux key I've received doesn't work there.

Is it possible to switch to the other version? I haven't used the Linux key anyway. My order number is # WSA9VD6193 - my e-mail address should be on file.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Artimidor

Comment

Yes, if you want to index on Windows XP, then you'll need the Windows software (even if the server is Linux based).

Note that going forward we aren't testing the software on Windows XP anymore (especially the 64bit version of XP, which was super rare). So you might want to consider an upgrade to Vista,7,8, or Win10 64bit at some point.

I'll cancel the Linux key and send you out a Windows key for V7.x

Comment

Well... Next problem.

I can index the page now and then I upload the generated files to the server (Linux 64-bit). However, I receive an "Internal Server Error" when I try to open the cgi-bin. To which the support of the host replies: From what I can see you uploaded a Windows binary. You need a 64 bit Windows binary for the search.cgi.???

Artimidor

Comment

Ok... Due to the fact that there are troubles with the CGI 64-bit version, I now switched to PHP - and it works So thanks for the help, looks good now!

Comment

The PHP version is much easier to get running. So this is recommended unless you _need_ the performance gain of the CGI version, which should not be the case until you start indexing and searching over 65000 pages.

Originally posted by Artimidor View Post
              I can index the page now and then I upload the generated files to the server (Linux 64-bit). However, I receive an "Internal Server Error" when I try to open the cgi-bin. To which the support of the host replies: From what I can see you uploaded a Windows binary. You need a 64 bit Windows binary for the search.cgi.???
              If your web server is a 64-bit Linux based server, then you need to select the right platform in Zoom. On the first configuration pane (Configuration->Start options), there is a Platform group of radio buttons where you can select "CGI". Clicking on this brings up a window which allows you to specify the OS of the web server, and you can select "Linux (64-bit)" here. Once selected, the Platform button shows "CGI/Linux64". You can then proceed to reindex your files and you will have to reupload the new index files (and the search.cgi file) to your web server's cgi-bin folder.

But as I mentioned before, you don't need the CGI version unless you are indexing over 65000 pages.

--Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X