Home » Forum
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indexing of links

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing of links

How do I disable the indexing of the links in a page. I put the only pages that i want indexed in a separate folder for that purpose only but it is indexing all the links on the pages also. How do I stop that. It really is useless to any of my future viewers to have all that junk come up. I know the people that will use the website and they would just shut it down. Then the whole purpose of the website would be ruined. It is not a comercial site by the way.

If you don't want the indexer to follow links on a page then there are various options.

One option is to use <!--ZOOMSTOPFOLLOW--> and <!--ZOOMRESTARTFOLLOW--> tags to specify sections of a page containing links that the spider should not follow. Note that the text within this section will still be indexed when this is used alone.

Comment

The other alternative is to use the 'Offline' indexing mode rather than spidering mode if the original content is in a folder on your PC. In offline mode it will only index the folder (and sub-folder off) that you configure it too.
      Mark Gallagher

Comment

Working...
      X