Further treatment of 7z files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further treatment of 7z files

I understand that ZOOM now understands the content of 7z files (please correct me if I'm wrong) but I've encountered some 7z files that are actually PDF files compressed into 7z files (heaven knows why someone would do this ????). Does ZOOM still index the content of the PDF file where its embedded in a 7z archive? Its not clear if ZOOM will double dip on plugins or not.

Yes, Zoom will index a PDF file within a 7z file. It will even handle a PDF file within a ZIP file, within a 7z file, within a TAR file, within a ZIP file... and so forth.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks guys - can you clarify this please. When I add a .zip extension to Scan Options ZOOM gives me an option to extract and index files within the ZIP archive but this is not the case for .7z or .tar files.

Comment

By default, if you've added .7z or .tar files to your Scan Options as "Compressed archive" file types, they will be extracted and the content files will be indexed.

If you wish to disable this behaviour (so that only the archive filename is indexed), you can simply remove the scan extensions, and re-add them but changing the File type dropdown from "Compressed archive" to "Binary file".
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X