Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems moving Zoom Indexer 7 to new PC

Hi,

I am in the process of migration my web development software from an old Windows XP machine (yes, I know I'm late doing it) but I find that on the Windows 7 machine now the indexer is unable to download any of my starting URLs. I get the following error message

"Could not download file: http://mysite/index.html (Invalid URL or domain name)"

I get the same problem for all of my starting pages.

I am using the same configuration file from my old computer.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be please?

Start by checking your computer's firewall settings to make sure that Zoom can access the internet.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I have raised the issue with our IT department and they have tried to make this work using proxy server settings but without much luck at present.

My PC is Windows 7 64bit, which I understood could run Zoom indexer 7 Professional. I have tried running the application in Windows XP but this hasn't made any difference. Is a 64 bit o/s a problem?

Comment

Is a 64 bit o/s a problem?
        No. We have supported 64-bit OS's for quite a while and there is even a 64-bit Zoom for the Enterprise Edition users. Can you send in the index log and provide your configuration file (.zcfg)? We can take a look and see if we can reproduce the problem on our end. You can find our email address on our contact us page.

I have tried running the application in Windows XP but this hasn't made any difference.
        The last supported release for Windows XP is V7.0 Build 1024. V7.1 does work in XP.

Comment

Working...
        X