Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available

Hi,
    I am evaluating Zoom search to index data from server side in CentOS6.8 and then use these indexed files for search of documents offline, I mean, on a PC without a Web server. If I try this:
    # ldd /var/www/html/zoom/ZoomEngine

I get an error relating to libcurl.so.4, that is:
    /var/www/html/zoom/ZoomEngine: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /var/www/html/zoom/ZoomEngine)

The curl and libcurl version on this machine is:
    [root@test zoom]# curl --version
    curl 7.21.7 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.7 NSS/3.27.1 zlib/1.2.7 libidn/1.18 libssh2/1.4.2
    Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps scp sftp
    Features: GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

The library files from /usr/lib are:
    [root@test zoom]# ll /usr/lib/libcurl*
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Jan 8 04:39 /usr/lib/libcurl.so -> libcurl.so.4.1.1
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Jan 8 09:42 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 -> libcurl.so.4.1.1
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 350436 Apr 3 2017 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4.1.1

I have tested with different versions of curl until curl-7.57.0, still no good. This libcurl error is driving me crazy and I don't see the reason of this error. Any help in this regard will help me in evaluation Zoom search from Linux server side.

Thanks,
    Manoj Agarwal

We tried this out on CentOS 7.4 64bit (running curl 7.29.0) and CentOS 6.9 64bit ( running curl 7.19.7) and didn't see any issues, so it seems to be a 32bit CentOS issue.

CentOS 6.4 32bit (also running curl 7.19.7) and CentOS 6.9 32bit (curl 7.19.7) and Fedora 14 32bit (curl 7.21.0) all show the same error message that you see. However on Fedora 18 32bit (curl 7.27.0) we don't see any issues and Zoom will launch without error.

We also saw an error message about the libc version being incorrect, the Fedora 18 build was using a newer version of libc (2.16) so it's possible the 32bit version of Zoom might have been built under a slightly different environment to the 64bit build.

Also it is worth noting that in V7 of CentOS, 32bit seems to have been depreciated.

We'll look into this a bit more next week. In the meantime can you use a 64bit O/S? We do practically no work in, or testing of, 32bit operating systems nowadays.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I can't migrate to CentOS 64bit as of now, it may be for future, but not possible at this point in time. If you can make ZoomSearch run on CentOS 6.8 32bit shall be great. Looking forward to it.

Thanks,
      Manoj Agarwal

Comment

Working...
      X