Question marks appearing on search results page instead of text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question marks appearing on search results page instead of text

I have a problem on my results page where certain text is being replaced with a string of question marks. The question marks are appearing in place of the "Search for", "Results per page", "Match" and "Search reults for" text (also occurring in a few other places). I had hope to upload a screen shot but I don't appear to have permissions to do that

I have been upgrading from version 6 to 7 and tried to modify my new template along the lines of the old one. I think I may have damaged my version 7 template.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can you post a link to your search page?

Comment

My test page is http://ntag.nhs.uk/SearchTest/search.php

Comment

I think you've corrupted the ZLANG language file.

Under "Configure"->"Languages", you should have "English.zlang" selected. Click "Edit file" to see if the file is intact. If you have modified this in a non-typical editor and it's encoded in an unexpected charset, this may be the reason for your question marks.

If you are actually trying to use a different language, let us know.

Another possibility is the corruption of the "settings.php" file. Let us know if this has been edited in another program too.

You can ZIP up your index files (all .zdat files and search.php and settings.php) and email them to us if you still have trouble.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Problem solved thank you!

It was the language file. The software was showing my modified .zlang file name but when I checked the file it wasn't the correct content (appears to have defaulted to Arabic). I have copied the file across now and the question marks have been replaced with the correct text.

Thanks again for your help with this

Comment

Working...
          X