Autocomplete on simple search box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocomplete on simple search box

My site has a simple search option on the home page which is based on the following

<form method="GET" action="search.php">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="10">
    <input type="submit" value="Search">
    </form>

Having moved from Zoom v6 to v7 I want this search box to include the autocomplete function now available on the main search page. How do I achieve this please?

Just add autocompete property in text control.
    like this (red):
    <form method="GET" action="search.php">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="10" autocomplete="on">
    <input type="submit" value="Search">
    </form>

Comment

DavidMiah's suggestion above enables the browser's built-in autocomplete functionality. This simply offers searches you have made before.

The autocomplete feature in Zoom however, provides suggestions from the search engine index. This means they are words that have been found on your website, and are good for suggesting say, product names, etc. that the user may not have searched for before.

This feature however is only provided for on the main search page (i.e. search.php / search.asp / search.cgi). There is no easy one-click solution to add the feature to other pages on your website, as it is quite complicated and requires AJAX etc. which can conflict with other scripts you may have on the other pages of your site.

Having said that, it is possible, if you are comfortable with editing your web pages and adding Javascript. But make sure you know what you're doing.

You can find more information in this thread;
      https://www.wrensoft.com/forum/zoom-...e-on-your-site
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X