PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search result thumbnail using ZOOMIMAGE tag not working with absolute image path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search result thumbnail using ZOOMIMAGE tag not working with absolute image path

I am using Zoom 7.1 build 1020 on Windows -

I'm using ZOOMIMAGE meta tags to set the path to the thumbnail image that I want to show in the search results for each page.

It seems that pages using the full absolute image paths in the ZOOMIMAGE tag are not showing thumbnail images, while pages using relative image paths in the ZOOMIMAGE tag are showing thumbnail images. According to the Zoom documentation it should work either way...

For example see:

http://www.guden.com/Home/SiteSearch/?q=aluminum%20hinges

The second result ( http://www.guden.com/Control/Aluminum-Hinges ) is showing a thumbnail image - using a relative image file path

The third result ( http://www.guden.com/ItemDisplay/Aluminum-Mil-Spec ) is not showing a thumbnail image - using a absolute image file path

Are you are that you reindexed the site after adding the ZOOMIMAGE tag to the 2nd and 3rd URLs?

Normally all meta tags need to be in the <head> section of the page. In the past it wasn't valid HTML to have them in the <body>

Comment

I have Zoom scheduled to reindex every night. I've also checked the Indexing option "Index meta tags outside <head> section" - which should enable Zoom to see the ZOOMIMAGE tags that I have in the body of the pages.

I don't think either of these is the problem, why would only the ZOOMIMAGE tags using a relative image path be making the thumbnails, but not the ZOOMIMAGE tags using an absolute image path?

The ZOOMIMAGE tags on my site haven't changed in a several months and previously all the thumbnail images were working.

Is there any chance there is something different between Zoom 7.1 build 1019 and build 1020 that is changing the way the ZOOMIMAGE tags are being handled? I don't have a copy of build 1019, so I can't install & test on my own.

Comment

Give us a few days to look into it.

Comment

I can confirm that this is an issue with build 1020.

I was able to get the install file for build 1019 from my backups, so I reinstalled and then reindexed my site.

Now, if you check that search link from my first post, you will see that all results have thumbnails.

Comment

I can't reproduce the problem indexing those two pages using V7.1 build 1020.

Please try again with the latest build and make sure to enable "Reload all files (do not use cache)" (under "Configure"->"Spider options") in case you were indexing from a cached copy of the web page.

Double check that you have "Index meta tags outside <head>" enabled.

Then, if it is still a problem, please email us your latest .zcfg configuration file and we can try again from here.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I have sent an email to zoom@wrensoft.com - my .zcfg file is too large to send through the forum's messaging function...

Comment

We have confirmed the problem over email and since released a patch to address the bug.

It should be fixed in V7.1 build 1021 available here.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                X