Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Css asp.net

Hi,

I'm using ASP.NET and I'm trying to customize my page with CSS with following the instruction in this page
    https://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

My page has those lines

<form id="form1" runat="server">
    <ZoomASPX:ASPXSearch id="ASPXSearch" runat="server" />
    </form>

In my CSS, I added
    .zoom_searchform { border: 1px dotted; background-color: #FFFF00; }

Why the CSS is not apply to my page? What am I missing?

Thanks.

Where did you apply the CSS? It would have to be either inline to the same ASPX page or you must link to the the .CSS file.

If you can give us a URL to the search page in question, we can take a look.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Ray,

I don't have a public link. But I can give you files to run. It's very simple to read. Please see attachment.

rename
      search.txt to search.aspx
      search_template.txt to search_template.html

Thanks,

Attached Files

Comment

If you click on "View Source" in your browser to see the HTML/CSS produced, it may help you diagnose what's happening.

Because you are using the master page form, there is no search form (i.e. <form> ... </form> tags) generated by Zoom.

The only form is the one as defined in your "search.aspx" file, which is

<form id="form1" runat="server" >

This goes around your entire page (not just where your search box and search button is). So you can potentially style this whole form with something like:

#form1 { border: 1px dotted; background-color: #FFFF00; }

But I suspect that's not what you're after.

You will have to wrap the search box, search button, etc. in a different tag if you wish to style that. You can do that with the Advanced Template Options.

Or re-enable the form generation (but then you will have to stop using the master page form).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Ray,

So in my code, how do you put <form id="form1" runat="server" > around the search box only?

Comment

Working...
          X