autocomplete mystery in mobile devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autocomplete mystery in mobile devices

I have installed a search page on two different web sites using essentially the same settings. Autocomplete worked fine on both web sites when viewed on a desktop. However, on my tablet and phone, one web site displayed the autocomplete dropdown correctly, but the other web site displayed the dropdown further down the page and not touching the search box. At the top of each web page there was a banner. On the web site that displayed the dropdown correctly the banner was not as high as it was on the other. When I shortened the banner height on the one that wasn't displaying correctly, it then displayed correctly. I'm not sure why the banner height should affect the autocomplete dropdown display. Anyone have any ideas?

It turns out that it wasn't the height of the banner that was causing the problem. I actually have a test on the web page that uses a different banner for portrait and landscape modes. The portrait banner had a greater height. On the mobile devices a keyboard comes up when you touch in the search box. I noticed that when the keyboard came up in portrait mode, the banner changed to the landscape banner throwing off the spacing.When I changed to always using the portrait banner, the dropdown box displayed correctly.

Comment

Working...
    X