PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any plans to update the v7 help system files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans to update the v7 help system files?

The help system files delivered with v 7 need updating here and there to include all the new features introduced with the v. 7 series of releases. A number of options available on the "Configure" page are not documented, for example.

Also, the help system call from the Help menu has been broken for some time now --can't remember since when-- but I think it was broken already in the first v. 7 release, possibly earlier in v. 6. It should be opening the frameset "index.html" page, and not the "zoom_search_engine_indexer.htm" page. Furthermore, all the contextual help calls from various places in the GUI are also failing to open the context-specific topic within the frameset, thus making it impossible to navigate the help system properly.

Are there any plans to update the help system content, or at least fix the calls?
    Richard

I am wondering this too.

For example:

"Indexing options" tab has "HTML5 indexing" section, but when I click Help button and get help web page it doesn't show any information about "HTML5 indexing" section.

Comment

Yes, the Help system is overdue for an update. At this point, we're working on V8, which has more new features. So we'll hold off on the update for the proper V8 release.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X