PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dotnet plugin - version 6 and 7 co-exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dotnet plugin - version 6 and 7 co-exist?

I am testing version 7 (build 1004), which is installed on the production server we use with version 6.

Need to test my aspx search/results page, which needs the v7 aspx plugin. Can I install the v7 plugin without affecting my current version 6 aspx search/results pages?

Thanks.

It should work but make sure to install it in a different folder than your V6 Server Control. Let us know if you have any trouble.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Cannot install the v7 version if v6 is already installed. Windows Installer shows this message "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue."

Comment

Please download the latest ASP.NET Server Control from here, and try again:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/aspdotnet.html
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

The latest asp.net server control installed OK along with the v6 version. (For lurkers, I installed it to a different application folder where the v7 files are.) Both v6 and v7 aspx search pages (after a new reindex for v7) worked OK. Search pages (using the default search.aspx page) worked OK in v7.

After further successful testing, the v7 pages started killing the application pool for that v7 app when a search was submitted. Still looking into that. (I created a new application pool and assigned it to the v7 app; and also verified I installed the 64-bit version of the server control.)

Comment

We found a crash bug related to the date range searching. Did you have this enabled?

It has now been fixed in this update for the Server Control (V7.0 build 1004b). You can download from the same page here.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes, had date range searching enabled. So I got the latest Server Control, installed it in the V7 IIS subfolder, and did a new index.

Loaded up the search page, ran a search, and that resulted in a stop of the V7 application pool. System Event Log shows this error relating to the v7 app pool:

Application pool 'search-public-v7' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.
              Next step?

Thanks...Rick...

Comment

I presume you uninstalled the previous V7 ASP.NET Server Control before installing the new one.

If you can temporarily disable date range searching, and see if that works OK, this would help us narrow down what is causing the failure.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Yes, I uninstalled the v7 asp.net server control before installing the latest one.

I removed the date range searching, then reindexed. The new search pages (here http://search.slco.org/searchindex7/search.aspx ) seem to work OK now.

Hope that helps.

...Rick...

Comment

Working...
                  X