Zoom Search Engine-like search engine, but for Linux/UNIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom Search Engine-like search engine, but for Linux/UNIX

I recently found the Zoom Search Engine, which struck me as quite interesting, since its software allows for easy decoupling of the indexing process and the searching process.

In other words, you run the indexer on your local machine, and then you upload this index plus the PHP files using it to search them to your webserver.

So your webserver doesn't have to do the indexing. I have a host in a shared environment where it's best to use as few resources as possible, so this would be great to me. Moreover, I have a mostly unused small server at home (this is not the webserver I have) that I could use for indexing purposes.

However, it runs Linux, SSH only, so the Zoom Search Engine is not an option.

Is there something that has the same principle as the Zoom Search Engine (index locally, upload index + PHP to website), but available for a command line Linux environment?

Take a look at our new Zoom Search Engine For Linux:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/index.html?linux

The indexer has a PHP-based interface to configure and run the indexing session. So you would need Apache to be running on your Linux machine. Of course, you could also just host the indexer on the web server itself if you have adequate access to the web server.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you for your answer, Ray.

Comment

Working...
      X