App not launching on mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• App not launching on mac

Just paid for pro upgrade for mac OSX, installed on my mac running 10.9.3, after overriding the dialog about unknown developer.

Launching the app does nothing. What could be the problem here? I need this to work.

There were issues with the code signing in the previous builds. We code signed with a valid certificate but it turns out the new GateKeeper feature in OSX requires a specific certificate from Apple.

This should now all be fixed. Please try the latest build (V7 build 1005) and let us know if you still have a problem. Download from here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html#osx
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      There were issues with the code signing in the previous builds. We code signed with a valid certificate but it turns out the new GateKeeper feature in OSX requires a specific certificate from Apple.

This should now all be fixed. Please try the latest build (V7 build 1005) and let us know if you still have a problem. Download from here:
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html#osx

Afraid to say it still does not launch the app. Installs fine, everything seemed to work, but launching flashes briefly but app does not load.

Comment

Can you try changing your User account to have Administrator privileges?

This can be done under "Users and groups" (you can find this via the Spotlight bar top right), select the user account you are using to launch Zoom, and check 'Allow user to administer this computer'. You will need to restart your Mac for this to take effect.

Let us know if this does or does not fix your problem. We're addressing this one at the moment, so that the next release will not need Administrator privileges to launch Zoom.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi. I'm a Mac Support Engineer. Go to: Apple Menu/SystemPrefs/Security and unlock the security page. Now select accept apps from anywhere. You can always turn it back on afterwards. Now download and install and the ZoomIndexer app works just fine. I'm on a MacPro running 10.9.4 and all okay.

Comment

Hi. I;m a Mac Support Technician and I too have just purchased the pro version. Mine installed perfectly. I suspect reading further on in this thread that what you need to do is this. Go to AppleMenu/System Preferences/Security & Privacy. Click to unlock entering your password. Now change Allow apps downloaded to Anywhere (you can always put this back afterwards), now download and install Zoom and all will be okay.

Comment

Working...
            X