PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Meta Field Dropdown Values can’t exceed 128 in CGI version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Meta Field Dropdown Values can’t exceed 128 in CGI version?

We are using a custom Meta tag for our document authors and in the past we were using ASP pages and close to 200 authors in a drop down list. This has worked fine since 2009 although we haven’t upgraded from Zoom search engine 6 yet.

We recently bought the Flying Ant web server and upgraded to Zoom engine version 7 so we could put out a CD with our 4,000 HTML pages. Because we have a requirement that searching for phrases in double quotes be supported, we decided to use the CGI version. Unfortunately, searching on any author in the dropdown list past the 128th finds nothing. I re-indexed using JavaScript and I could search for any author in the list of 186 authors with correct results.

Has anyone else run into this problem with the CGI version of the search engine? I have the problem both on the CD and on our Web server when I’m using CGI but it works OK with JavaScript.
    We are using Version 7.0 Professional Edition. Our server is Windows Server 2012 and IIS is version 8.

Thanks for any help.

There is no known problem with the custom meta dropdown field on CGI or otherwise. The maximum number of dropdown values (for any platform) is 254.

I suspect there is something with that particular dropdown name (perhaps an unexpected character or length?) that is triggering a bug that isn't in the JS version.

If you can e-mail us your .zcfg configuration file, we can take a look and verify this.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

We've confirmed this is a bug in the current release. The CGI is failing to parse multi-select values in the query over the 128th value.

This has been fixed for the next release (V7 build 1008 for Windows).

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I've emailed you a patch.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X