Command Line and Cron Config for Linux Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Line and Cron Config for Linux Server

I've been looking for, but cannot find, documentation on how to run incremental updates via cron jobs for Linux v7.

We have Zoom installed and working correctly. I've been able to login to the indexer interface, load my config, and successfully index the site. But we have multiple sites to index from this central install of v7 enterprise.

I'd like to set up a cron job to run the indexer on a schedule for each site, and then, when the indexing is complete have it push (via ftp) the updated sitemap and data files to the correct directory for the site. There does not seem to be any way to configure pushing the updated files to a local or remote location in the Linux server config.

Do you have documentation, or can you please provide some guidance on best practices for doing this on a Linux Server. (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS).

Thanks.

The latest Linux release (Version 7.0.1003) has a section in the help file about running Zoom as a cron job in Linux (in the "Scheduling and automatic indexing" section).

The incremental indexing command line options (http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...mmandline.html) are still part of the common engine so they should be working in Linux when calling ZoomEngine (instead of ZoomIndexer.exe) though they have not been tested.

Currently there is no in built FTP in the Linux user interface, the Linux version was designed form the point of view of running on the web server so an FTP interface was deemed unnecessary. As you're on Linux it should be easy to run a script for your cron job which runs zoom and then FTPs the files where they need to be.

The "output directory" in the start options can place the files anywhere they need to be locally (or a mounted network location), temp files are created in this directory and once the indexing is complete it will overwrite any old index files with the new temporary ones.

Comment

Working...
    X