Preinstalled plugins in ZOOM Version 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preinstalled plugins in ZOOM Version 7

Hi! I am a newbie to this forum I have studied about what are all the changes and updates done in the version 7 I came to know from the following link: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
    My doubt is In that it is given as "Built-in Plugin support" what does it meant? I need to know what are all the plugins will be pre-installed in the browser? Could anyone know what are all the plugins will be pre-installed in the browser.

The plugins are used by the Zoom Indexer application and are not installed to your Browser. For some file formats, Zoom uses external applications (i.e. plugins ) to index various file formats (e.g. Adobe Acrobat PDF files). You can find the the plugins that Zoom uses in the "C:\ProgramData\Wrensoft\Zoom Search Engine Indexer V7\plugins" directory.

Comment

While the plugins were optional (and installed separately) in the previous versions of Zoom (V6 etc.), the current version (V7) has them all pre-installed and built-in. So you don't really have to concern yourself with them.

Basically, this feature just means that the current version supports indexing non-text file formats like PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, etc. with no extra requirement on your part. You just have to select these formats in the wizard or add them to the scan extensions list under "Configure"->"Scan options".
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi! ray and richard thanks for both of your reply. Richard have told that in the latest version for some file formats such as PDF, external extensions can be used to index those files but ray had told that no extra requirements needed to ndex non text file formats like PDF. I am really confused on both of your explanations could anyone please explain me clearly as I am a new bie I need some brief explanation please don't mistake me.

Comment

There is no contradiction.

Richard is right that the plugins are used to index those files.

I said that the plugins come pre-installed with V7 of Zoom. So there is no extra action on your part to install them. You just need to add the extensions in the Scan Options list.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

okay now I understood the concept very clearly. Thanks for your valuable and peaceful replies richard and ray.

Comment

Hi! ray as of richard said only the plugins which are available for indexing the various applications in Zoom search engines are available preinstalled in zoom version 7 or else other than application indexing plugins what are all the plugins available in zoom version 7 pre installed. please forgive me if I ask anything wrong.

Comment

Here's a list of the file formats which are supported by Zoom V7:
                http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/fileformats.html

Zoom uses plugins to handle these formats, but as noted above, since they come preinstalled/packaged with Zoom V7, you do not need to identify which plugin does what. The list of file formats that you can index is far more useful.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link ray.My doubt is I need to know whether only the application indexing plugins are pre installed in zoom or other than the application indexing plugins is any plugins available pre installed in zoom that only I need to know.

Comment

Sorry I cannot understand your question. The sentence is really badly formed and grammatically incoherent. I sympathize that English may not be your first language, but there is just not way to understand what you're asking unless you re-phrase your question.
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Okay ray I think you are struggling very hard to understand the meaning of my question. I will explain it in the elobarated way itself so that you can understand I think so.
                      You have told that for application indexing process we can index simply by using the "Configure"-> " Scan options"
                      Like wise, Is there any plugin available? for any other purpose other than application indexing process.

Comment

All the plugins that are currently available come pre-installed with Zoom.

In the future, we may add more plugins, but currently, there are no other plugins.
                        --Ray
                        Wrensoft Web Software
                        Sydney, Australia
                        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Okay thank you very much for your reply Mr. Ray Now You might have understand the question easily I think so do you?

Comment

Working...
                          X