Guidance to index my website and also to increase its PR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidance to index my website and also to increase its PR

Hi! Everybody I am a new bie to this forum I have recently created a website and I need to index my website to your search engine so for that I need to know what are all the steps I need to follow and what are all I need to do to increase my website PR.

The best comprehensive guide to installing Zoom is our Users Guide, which you can download from here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

As for increasing your website PR, do you mean increasing the page ranking within your own search engine? Or do you mean on other search engines such as Google?

Just to clarify, Zoom creates a search engine that can run on your own website, to search your own site (or other sites of interest). You may want to increase the ranking of certain pages within your site. But I can't tell if you are asking for this, or if you are aiming to increase the ranking of your pages on an external search engine such as Google. The latter of which is not Zoom's purpose.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

First of all thanks for your immediate reply Mr.Ray I need to know how to index my website and how to increase my website PR in zoom search engine and not inother search engines.

Comment

There is a ZOOMPAGEBOOST meta tag that you can use. See the Users Guide for details. Also refer to the Weightings tab of the indexer.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ray. I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question or not if I ask anything wrongly means then please forgive me. My question is in what ways the zoom search engine differs from other search engines and also what is the use and purpose of zoom search engines. Could anyone please explain me.

Comment

There are hundreds of different engines and thousands of web pages built around those engines. It isn't practical to compare them all. If you can narrow down the question to a specific area it would help.

Comment

Dear wrensoft I could understand your problem Could you please answer this question:
              I need to know, in simple, other than through advertising how my website users will identify that my website is having the search engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradleyadams View Post
                ... how my website users will identify that my website is having the search engine.
                Your website users will find the search engine if you provide them with a link to the search page (e.g. "Search this site"), or a search box. Like any other web site. Like our site here on wrensoft.com

So this question doesn't make too much sense.

Unless you're actually trying to ask something else. Perhaps you're actually trying to ask how people who are NOT on your website will find your search engine? For example, you want someone searching on Google for a relevant topic to find that you have a search engine?

In which case, I can't explain it any simpler than what I have above in post #2 of this thread.

Google may or may not index the search results generated by Zoom. You could link to a page of search results with a URL such as:
                http://www.wrensoft.com/search.php?zoom_query=zoom

And Google may index this as a page and it could show up as a result in Google's results. But this is not the designed purpose of our search engine. And frankly, the intention of such is considered to be building a spammy site for building superficial SEO rankings. This is not what Zoom is designed for. And there is no guarantee how Google will treat your pages.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you very much ray. Your first two lines of reply is the needed answer for me but also my thanks for giving me a cleared outline about the usage of zoom search engine. Thank you once again!

Comment

Working...
                  X