Configuring scheduler to work after PC wakes from sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring scheduler to work after PC wakes from sleep

In order to save energy, I am using Windows 7's power saving profile, which puts my PC to sleep after 15 minutes.

Unfortunately, that means that the tasks I've scheduled to index my websites often don't run because Zoom Indexer's scheduler neither wakes up the PC when needed nor keeps track of un-run tasks and runs them when the PC awakens.

Can you please supply me with a work-around or improve the abilities of the scheduler?

Thank you very much.

In simple, you can solve your problem by using the balanced mode in windows 7 while you are indexing your website so that your laptop will not get turned off.

Comment

Have you tried the "Wake computer to start task" checkbox when creating the schedule task?

Also, since Zoom actually uses the Windows Scheduler, you should be able to locate the scheduled tasks it has created within Windows' Task Scheduler. From there, you can right click and change the task properties and use any further advanced scheduling features available in Windows 7 as you see fit.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I have tried to use Windows Task Manager and it's not remembering the changes

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        Have you tried the "Wake computer to start task" checkbox when creating the schedule task?

Also, since Zoom actually uses the Windows Scheduler, you should be able to locate the scheduled tasks it has created within Windows' Task Scheduler. From there, you can right click and change the task properties and use any further advanced scheduling features available in Windows 7 as you see fit.
        Dear Ray,

I really appreciate your help, and am still stuck. Apparently, Zoom Indexer doesn't have the ability to edit already created scheduled tasks and change the setting to Wake Computer.

And unfortunately, I've be wrestling with Windows Task Scheduler, which lets you mark the checkbox after opening the Properties windows for each task to Wake Computer, but then immediately forgets that the box was checked!

I'm using a completely functional Windows 7 Pro 64 bit PC, by the way.

I would really appreciate any suggestions other that do delete and redo all of my scheduled tasks.

Comment

I finally got Windows Task Scheduler to work. I had to change the configuration manually for each item to run under Windows 7 and then it remembered the checkbox Wake computer.

Comment

Glad to hear you've got it working.

If you do wish to create your own scheduled task (outside of Zoom) using Windows Task Scheduler (or any other scheduling utility), you could do so with the following command-line parameters:
            http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...mmandline.html

This would effectively do the same thing as what Zoom's built-in scheduler does, so there's no loss there if you don't mind the extra effort of learning the parameters and making sure to use the right config file, etc.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for sharing the valuable link Mr.Ray. Today I have learned a new thing about the command line options in zoom indexer which I don't know. Once again Thanks for sharing the link.

Comment

Working...
              X