Home » Forum
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seach box trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seach box trouble

Hello, I just stumbled across this excellent software. Thank you for the developers for providing such a useful tool for websites!

However, I am having trouble with the search box. I have one on my site, here is the code that I'm using, according to the tutorial.

<form method="GET" action="search.php">
    <input type="text" value="" placeholder="search something..." name="zoom_query size="10">
    <input type="submit" value="">
    </form>

When I enter a search I am taken to the default search page with no results. The search from my site isn't being carried over through the search script and I'm not sure why. I have changed the search from to both Advanced and Basic, to no avail. From what I understand, this should be an automatic feature. Your help is appreciated.

If that is really your form HTML code, then you are missing a closing double quote for the name parameter.

See Q. How do I add a simple search box to each page of my site?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
      If that is really your form HTML code, then you are missing a closing double quote for the name parameter.

See Q. How do I add a simple search box to each page of my site?
      What a dope! Thank you for pointing that out. I completely missed it.

Comment

Working...
      X