Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom Search Wordpress Plugin error

Hi,

I have a bit of an issue with testing the wordpress plugin. I have a wordpress site running as an intranet from a webserver on a QNAP NAS. I have completed the indicated steps using the free edition (searched only some of the files) and then uploaded all the files to folder named "zoom". When I try to access the search from the page created I get : Zoom Search, Error: Cannot locate directory with Zoom Index files
    If I type the address of the search.php the search works but with no formatting. It seems that the path I typed in the plugin setup (/zoom) does not resolve correctly, I suppose because of the way the NAS works. I also tried adding the "echo $zoom_url;" on line 285 as suggested in another post but that does not return any info. Any tips on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

We haven't tested the WordPress plugin on a QNAP NAS server and do not have a setup to test it.

What are your Wordpress plugin Zoom search settings?
    When you navigate to the search page in WordPress, was there any error that is displayed?

Note: In the previous post, line 285 now is probably not the same line as before as the plugin has been updated since. Updated instructions are below:

If you are comfortable with PHP, you can edit the Zoom Search plugin file (zoomsearch.php) to display the URL the plugin is calling to preform the search. From within WordPress (Plugins->Zoom Search->Edit) or any text editor. In the "function zoom_search( $atts )" add the following line right before the line "$res = wp_remote_get( $zoom_url);"

PHP Code:
    echo $zoom_url
    Load your search page in your browser and determine what URL Zoom is trying to call that is returning the problem connecting message you are seeing.

Comment

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response I added this line in but the URL does not appear on the search page...
      I am testing this before purchasing the professional version for my company's intranet, any help will be appreciated.

I have posted another post right below, these could be merged into one...

Thanks once again.

Comment

Hi Richard,

I have also added: echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] that helped me understand the way the NAS builds the paths. It appears that there is a /share/ folder added and as soon as I took this into account for the path entered in the plugin dialog all worked fine.

One last (hopefully) question: Can I specify the symbol between the levels in the search result title?
        The one used now appears as a question-mark inside a square. I am using a google font for the site but even if i switch to arial for the search result title it still appears wrong...

Thanks

Comment

-What character set your are using the search_template.html file?
          -What character set you selected the Zoom configuration window?
          -Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Comment

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply, these where both set to windows-1252 the appearance is correct when I set both to utf-8

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X