Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Categories for Folders with PDF docs in Intranet Site

Hi Everyone,

I`m trying to create categories or groups for specific folders with PDF files in intranet running website.
    I like to give the user option (tick boxes) for searching in specific location (categories). For example searching in folder 1 will search only PDF`s in that location.
    I tried Categories settings but Zoom Manual describe this option only for indexing websites I`m using Zoom Search Engine for a big collection of PDF documents stored in different locations over intranet.

In Categories option I`m adding new categories:
    1st one - Name - MBMS - Pattern - ../SPECS/MBMS/*.pdf - This is the location of PDF docs in category MBMS
    2nd one - Name - MBFD - Pattern - ../SPECS/MBFD/*.pdf - This is the location of PDF docs in category MBFD

I`m not sure how to convince Zoom Search Engine to search for any word in these locations if one of the category tick boxes is selected. After indexing files it work for all but when one of the tick boxes is selected its unable to find anything.

Maybe someone knows the better way to set this up.

Thomas

The "../" in your category patterns are not required and is likely the problem with why no files are being grouped into these categories.

Try just "/SPECS/MBMS/*.pdf"

Note as well that folder paths are case sensitive (so upper and lower case differences are significant).

Click on the "Help" button on your category window for more examples.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you Ray again.
      I just did that yesturday and it works great.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X