Small Improvement Suggestion: Auto Complete Log File Check at Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Improvement Suggestion: Auto Complete Log File Check at Start

Unfortunately when indexing, the location of the log file used for auto-complete appears to be one of the last operations the indexers performs. So a long indexing session (20 minutes in my case) ends with an error message.

I know, user error and far from fatal but very annoying at times (Brit speak for it caught me twice today).

Having the indexer check the location and offer to stop before it runs the indexing would be nice.
    Mark Gallagher

We're in the process of some other changes with the autocomplete function, so this could be done.

But I do wonder -- would it hinder other people if the indexing doesn't proceed at all just because the autocomplete log file can't be accessed? This could catch people who are running scheduled indexing jobs for example, and just because the autocomplete log file is inaccessible, then their indexing job would fail to proceed all together.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

It doesn't have to be a hard stop. I could happily live with just a pop-up warning if it occurred within a few seconds of starting the indexing. In that scenario I can stop the indexing manually, fix my error and restart it.
      Mark Gallagher

Comment

Working...
      X