Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message error using Zoom Search engine

Hello!

When I try to index my website or create the search statistic report I got the next warning/error:

The message, "The selected file appears to be the wrong type or an old log file...." refers to the log file that Zoom keeps of search words. By default the log is turned off, but you can turn it on following this FAQ.
    How do I enable search word logging?

It means the log file name you have entered doesn't actually refer to a valid log file.
    The log file is also (optionally) used by the auto-complete function.

So check the path the log file is correct, and the log file itself isn't corrupted (or some other file entirely).

Comment

Hello

Yes, I have activated the "search log" and it is on the same place than before the "message error".
      I have the message error and I check that the program had downloaded an empty log from the webserver...

Cheers
      dani

Comment

Is the log file actually populated with anything? Have you browsed the log file directly with a text editor or browser?

You may have activated the log, but is it actually saving search queries successfully?

If you still have trouble, you can PM or email us with the URL to your search page and your log file, and we can take a look.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hello Ray!

Ray has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
          On the server there are a "fresh" and new log file. I can't acces to this log thru the zoom search engine program.
          If I download the log file with a "ftp" program and save it on my computer, I can open it with the zoom engine program and create the "graphic statisc" html file.

The log file link:
          http://www.u-historia.com/uhistoria/buscador/logs/searchwords.log

I can't open the log file with my browser (always redirect to the main page). So I think there are a problem with the server and I will try to contact with my Hosting company.

Cheers from Catalonia (spain) and sorry for my bad english.
          Dani

Comment

To clarify the situation:

With your original post and the error that you were originally seeing, did you enter in this URL (http://www.u-historia.com/uhistoria/buscador/logs/searchwords.log) as your log file location?

If you are unable to open this log file URL from your browser, then neither would Zoom be able to retrieve this. The redirection to the main page will be what Zoom sees when it tries to access the same URL.

This would explain the error message.

If you now then FTP download the log file and specify a local file path to the file for the statistics report, it should work without issue, as you have now found.

The problem is very likely that your web server is not configured to serve files with the ".log" extension. Or there is other server redirection / permission issues to prevent files from being served from that folder, etc. So yes, your web host should be able to help you there.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X