Linux Test Server Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Test Server Challenges

I am testing the linux version of V7. I am using the Free version before upgrading to the Enterprise V7 Linux version.

Server:
    Centos 6.6 64bit

The installation is completed. I am able to bring up the web configure page and make changes to the default.zcfg file.

I click on start indexing.....nothing happens.

I have ran ZoomEngine64 -ldd at the command line and get the following:

Wrensoft Zoom Search Engine [Core Engine]
    Core engine IPC ready.

Suggestions for next steps to troubleshoot the issue?

thank you.

Is SELinux enabled on the system?

If so it is likely blocking the zoom engine launch from the PHP page (specifically there are issues around opening a shared memory block required). So far we have been unable to find a solution or work around to this (see the readme.txt for some suggestions) other than disabling SELinux or running the indexer manually or as a scheduled cron job.

Comment

Upon investigating the error_log, I have come to the same determination, based on the following lines:

[04-Mar-2015 12:43:53 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function shmop_open() in /home/......./public_html/zoom/send_zoom_command.php on line 11
      My php does not have shmop enabled based on phpinfo(). I was going to try enabling it and recompiling php to see if that solves the issue.

Comment

I recompiled php with the --enable-shmop and it is now indexing. Will check back in once completed.

Comment

Thanks for the update, we've changed the system requirements and updated the FAQ to specifically mention that PHP shared memory support is required.

Comment

I found one error that needs to be fixed. Using V7 Build 1005. There are extra lines at the end of the config_file.php. This was causing a "Warning: Cannot modify header information" error after every configuration save.

Comment

Working...
            X