Zoom engine on asp net platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom engine on asp net platform

My website is hosted in a webfarm on a asp.net v3.5 platform.

I uploaded last version of your zoomaspx.dll library in bin folder and the file search.aspx in a folder with read and write permissions.

The I indexed the website with the most uptodated version of Zoom engine (v7.1017).

But when a word is searched there are some problems. See at address:
    http://www.comune.torlinovimercati.gov.it/public/search/search.aspx

When user click on search button the browser say: Connection aborted (Firefox) or The page is not available (Chrome).

The same problem occurred in another site and i solved uploading a classic asp configuration, but I would use the version asp net, if possible.

Thank you for any uggestion.
    Marco Mariani

Did you run the ASP.NET Server Control installer package (.msi file) on the server itself? Or did you only upload the DLL file to the server (having installed the package on a different machine?)

If the case is the latter, you need to do the former and make sure to run the actual .msi file on the server.

If you still have trouble, can you zip up your index files and email them to us? We can then take a closer look if there's any issue with the index.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

The website is hosted and I cannot access to the server.
      I pubblished the dll library in bin folder and the file search.aspx in an another folder.

I tryed to re-index the site multiple times.

I sent you the index files together the configuration file also.

Thank you.
      Marco Mariani

Comment

You also have to follow the process described in section 3.2 of the Users Guide including "Convert to application" etc.

You also didn't mention the version of IIS and version of Windows (32bit or 64bit) you are using.

I also presume you downloaded the 32-bit server control. But tell us if otherwise.

I just tested your index files here on a Server 2012 machine and it worked fine.

Might also want to try .NET V4.0 or later. .NET V3.0 is very old.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

We decided to use classic asp script temporarily and we are considering the transfer all our sites on a dedicated server.

Thank you.
          Marco Mariani

Comment

Working...
          X