Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing over a network or from an external drive

Hello,

I have a NAS Drive with all of my documents on it. It has network capability and can connect to the server I have zoom search engine installed on. Is it posible to connect the NAS drive to the server and specify that path to retrieve the data from? Also how would I need to change my base url to make all the files accessible for download and view.

Thank you,
    Austin

Accessing data over a network

Hello,

I have a question about indexing data off of a external drive. I want to index a large amount of data from an external drive how would I pull the documents from there also what would I need to put in my base url so that I can view and download the documents after they are searched?

Thanks,
    Austin

Comment

In Offline Mode, you can specify a local folder be it a network share or an external drive.

As for making the files accessible for download and view -- that depends on what you mean. If you mean to just be accessible from the search results, on the same computer where the drive is accessible, then you simply need a base URL which reflects that.

For example, if the drive is on the network as:

\\myserver\myservershareddrive\

And you just want to make your search results accessible by other computers on the same network (and with access to this same UNC path), then that would work fine as your base URL.

If you mean "accessible for download and view" from over the Internet however, then you need to host and serve your files through a web server.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X