PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to create directories with Zoom Search Engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to create directories with Zoom Search Engine?

I am wondering if there is a way to use Zoom Search Engine V7 to pull up a list of links (with images attached) when a person clicks on a link in my site? Without having to go to the search page itself or see the search fields on the resulting page? I run a social networking site so what I would like to do is have a way that a visitor to the site could click on a link that says "Men" or "Women" or "Newest Listings" or what have you and then they would be taken to a page that contains those links? I know I could probably use the super-long URL that results in the address bar when a search is performed on the search page and use that as the hyperlink, but that seems awkward and as I said I don't want them to see the search fields on the resulting page that displays the links.

Thank you.

There is no functionality within Zoom that will do what you are exactly seeking. The easiest way to trigger a search is to pass the search URL with the parameters already filled in.

I know I could probably use the super-long URL that results in the address bar when a search is performed on the search page and use that as the hyperlink, but that seems awkward and as I said I don't want them to see the search fields on the resulting page that displays the links.
    To get around this you can try masking the URL via htaccess. Google "mask URL htaccess" and you will find many results showing you how to accomplish it.

Comment

You could also create a <form> with <input type="hidden" ...> tags for the variables of interest.

For example,

<form action="search.php">
      <input type="hidden" name="zoom_query" value="cars">
      <input type="hidden" name="gender" value="women">
      <input type="submit" name="Look for women who like cars">
      </form>
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...