PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting error "under construction" when I try a search.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting error "under construction" when I try a search.

Hi,

I am getting the error when I try any search. I have tried uploading the files from zoom to a new folder under the index folder, to a subfolder of index and directly into the index folder, all with the same result. I have been using the upload function from my host to load the files.

This is the site http://hamishmckenna.magix.net/index.htm

This is the page returned http://hamishmckenna.magix.net/search.php?zoom_query=watch&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_ and=0

This is the script I used

<form method="get" action="search.php">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20" />
    <input type="submit" value="Search" />
    <small> Results per page:
    <select name='zoom_per_page'>
    <option selected="selected">10</option>
    <option >20</option>
    <option >100</option>
    </select><br /><br />Match:
    <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="0" checked="checked" />any search words
    <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="1" />all search words </small>
    </form>

Hope someone can show me an easy fix.

PS. I'm a total novice at this

You will need to upload all the files in the output folder from Zoom onto your server. The location on your server does not matter (unless you are restricted by your host, e.g CGI only from cgi-bin folder), but all the Zoom files should be in the same directory.

The under construction page is from your web host and not from Zoom. It seems that your site will display that page for any page not found (404). You should check the content listing of the directory to make sure that the files you uploaded are there.

You should also check with your host to see what is supported. But a quick search of your host provider, Magix, seems to indicate that they don't support .php. In fact they only serve static pages.

* Important information
    MAGIX Your Homepage service supports the delivery of static content Files that need to be converted into the "correct" format (eg php, asp etc.) or that need to be processed by other software are not supported (other than Javascript). In such a case the file will be delivered "as it is" i.e using HTML. In addition, no databases are supported (MySQL, Access etc).
    So, if you still want to use Zoom, you will have to switch to the JavaScript platform, reindex and upload the appropriate set of files.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
      So, if you still want to use Zoom, you will have to switch to the JavaScript platform, reindex and upload the appropriate set of files.
      Thanks for that. It makes sense. I will try the JavaScript platform and probably start looking for a different provider !
      PS, I reposted this query thinking it had not submitted, maybe the mods can delete that one..

Comment

Working...
      X