Fatal Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Error

Not sure if this is a server side or search software error. It occurs when I enter a known search word.

Not sure what it is or how to correct it.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 257 bytes) in /home/pigeonprogress/public_html/scanfiles/search.php on line 1861

You need to increase the memory available for PHP scripts, see the following FAQ, http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...hp_outofmemory

Comment

So I've increased the memory to the maximum of 512M.

The error message has changed from trying to allocate 257 bytes to 32 bytes.

HELP!

Comment

Is the search available online for us to take a look at? (You can email us if you do not want to make it publicly visible.)
        How large is the site that you are indexing (number of pages, files)?
        What is the total size of the output files from the Zoom indexer?

For very large sites, you may also want to consider using the CGI version for better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by BillEsch View Post
          So I've increased the memory to the maximum of 512M.

The error message has changed from trying to allocate 257 bytes to 32 bytes.
          If the rest of the error message is exactly the same as before, i.e. "Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted..." then this means you've failed to change the memory limit. As this is saying that the memory limit is still at 67 MB.

You may also need to consult your web host if you are allowed to change this limit or if your account has memory limits enforced.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Richard:

Search available at: www.pigeonprogress.org;
            It is a HUGE site searching PDF files only. It's a weekly newspaper archive. The six years that have been scanned total 3.83 gb. Each edition is one pdf with approximately 12-14 pages. Additional editions WILL BE larger.

Ray:

The two messages read:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 257 bytes) in /home/pigeonprogress/public_html/scanfiles/search.php on line 1861

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/pigeonprogress/public_html/scanfiles/search.php on line 1852

"You may also need to consult your web host if you are allowed to change this limit or if your account has memory limits enforced."

GoDaddy is hosting this site. Their support team assisted me in increasing the memory to 512mb.

Comment

Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted
              It doesn't seem the memory allowed was increased. 67108864 bytes is around ~ 67 megabytes. You should be able to go back to GoDaddy and have them check.

Comment

Working...
              X