Lost and frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost and frustrated

I've been trying to get our site up and running off and on for several weeks. Seems like I just run into one roadblock after another.

I've read and reread the manual, but just can't grasp what I'm doing wrong or not doing at all.

We were on a shared hosting site and tried using php search. No good.

Moved to dedicated hosting with cgi, still fails.

When we dug into the root directories for error codes, we found: suexec policy violation

Not sure what to do next. I think I have all the files loaded.

Any suggestions or direction would be appreciated.

Please include information on the version (and build) of Zoom you are using (check the "Help"->"About" window), the platform the indexer is running on (Windows, Mac, Linux) as well as the search script platform (PHP, ASP, JavaScript, or CGI) you are using.

Comment

Version 7.0 (Build 1021)
      Linux
      CGI

When I attempt a search, I get this reply on the search page:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pigeonprogress.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.29 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.29 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at pigeonprogress.org Port 80

Comment

If you wish to forge ahead with CGI, then take a look at the following FAQ page. Particularly the question, "Q. I get a "500 Internal Server Error" message when running the CGI." and the one directly below it.

I would recommend switching back to PHP option and see if you can get it working with PHP. The CGI option is more of a enterprise solution and requires more time/expertise to setup and debug. The functionality wise of the scripting option is identical to CGI solution (except on being slightly slower on very large sites).

If you are still having issues, post back and we can investigate further.

Comment

Furthermore, if you are a registered customer with priority support, you can consider giving us temporary login details (FTP, etc.) and we can investigate the issue directly.

We'd have a much clearer idea about what's wrong within 10 minutes of direct access to your server, than having to ask you to check things and go back and forth and make guesses based on limited information over a number of days.

If you wish to pursue this approach, please e-mail us the details.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ray,

I will happily send you server login information...

We moved from PHP to CGI because of a memory issue discussed in a previous support forum message: http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showth...15-Fatal-Error

I will send the login info via email.

Thanks!

Bill

Comment

The internal server error problem has now been addressed. It was due to the "search.cgi" file being uploaded in Text/ASCII mode instead of Binary mode (as required).

This is noted in the first question on the FAQ page. For anyone else experiencing these problems, please see the following:
              http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_cgi.html
              --Ray
              Wrensoft Web Software
              Sydney, Australia
              Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
              X